The Global Handbook is more than a paper volume. Many other products have grown out of its expertise, including:
Print Editions: A limited number of print copies of the Global Handbook and the "Do you know your family planning choices?" Wall Chart can be provided for counselors or trainers in lower- and middle-income countries who need them. Please contact us with requests, explaining the intended use. Please note that the print versions of both the Handbook and the Wall Chart are offered in English, French, and Spanish; several other languages are available as downloads.
Translations and Downloads: The Translations and Downloads page displays available downloads, including the entire Handbook, the Wall Chart, and job aids. To open .pdf files you will need Adobe's free Acrobat Reader. Individual chapter downloads are available from their chapter pages.
Related Family Planning Resources:
- Toolkits: K4Health's online Toolkits collection include several that relate to specific contraceptive methods and other family planning and reproductive health topics.
- Contraceptive Methods: Condom Use | Implants | Injectables | IUDs | Lactational Amenorrhea Method (LAM) | Oral Contraceptives | Standard Days Method
- Family Planning and Reproductive Health Programs and Services: Adolescents Living with HIV (ALHIV) | Community-Based Family Planning | Elements of Family Planning Success | Family Planning and HIV Services Integration | Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancy (HTSP) | Postpartum Family Planning
- The Training Resource Package for Family Planning: Do you need materials to adapt for pre-service and in-service training? Try the facilitation guides, slide sets, and handouts of the Training Resource Package, at www.fptraining.org.
- Facts for Family Planning: Facts for Family Planning contains ten easy-to-read chapters on important family planning topics such as delaying first pregnancy, spacing pregnancies, understanding fertility, and family planning methods, with special chapters focused on unmarried youth and HIV/AIDS. Each chapter has an introduction that highlights important points, key facts to share on the topic, and supporting information for each key fact.