Print Editions: A limited number of print copies of the Global Handbook and the "Do you know your family planning choices?" Wall Chart can be provided for counselors or trainers in developing countries who need them. Please contact us with requests, explaining the intended use. Please not that the print versions of both the Handbook and the Wall Chart are offered in English, French, and Spanish; several other languages are available as downloads.
Downloads: The Downloads section displays all available downloads, including the entire Handbook and individual chapters, the Wall Chart, and job aids. You can filter your choices by language and type. Most downloads are availble in both .doc and .pdf format. To open .pdf files you will need Adobe's free Acrobat Reader.
Translations: The Translations section displays only those downloads in languages other than English. Both the Global Handbook and the Wall Chart are available in French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Swahili. The Handbook is also available in Romanian, Hindi, and Farsi, and the Wall Chart in Chichewa and Tajik.
Wall Chart: The Wall Chart section displays only the "Do you know your contraceptive choices?" Wall Chart in several languages (.pdf only).
- Online Edition: Use the "Table of Contents" link to click through and search the text of the Global Handbook from your desktop.
- E-Reader/Mobile Editions: For those of you who use an e-reader, tablet computer, smartphone, or other mobile device, we are pleased to offer the Global Handbook in a mobile format. Kindle users will need the proprietary Kindle version (currently $1.99 at Amazon's Kindle Store; we are working to provide a free version from this page). The EPUB format works on several mobile devices (view a complete list of compatible devices), and is available as a free download on Lulu.com and iTunes.
- **Newest Offering: ACE Mobile App: Based on WHO's Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use guidelines, this free app for Android phones offers healthcare givers a reliable tool for selecting a contraceptive method for a patient based on their medical status. Read more about the ACE app at K4Health.org, or get it from the Google App store.
- Toolkits: K4Health's online Toolkits include several that relate to specific contraceptive methods and other family planning and reproductive health topics.
- Contraceptive Methods: Condom Use | Implants | Injectables | IUDs | Lactational Amenorrhea Method (LAM) | Oral Contraceptives | Standard Days Method
- Family Planning and Reproductive Health Programs and Services: Adolescents Living with HIV (ALHIV) | Community-Based Family Planning | Elements of Family Planning Success | Family Planning and HIV Services Integration | Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancy (HTSP) | Postpartum Family Planning
- The Training Resource Package for Family Planning
- Facts for Family Planning: Facts for Family Planning contains ten easy-to-read chapters on important family planning topics such as delaying first pregnancy, spacing pregnancies, understanding fertility, and family planning methods, with special chapters focused on unmarried youth and HIV/AIDS. Each chapter has an introduction that highlights important points, key facts to share on the topic, and supporting information for each key fact.