IMPORTANT: Thorough counseling about bleeding changes and other side effects must come before giving the injection. Counseling about bleeding changes may be the most important help a woman needs to keep using the method without concern.
|Describe the most common side effects
- Lighter bleeding and fewer days of bleeding, irregular bleeding, and infrequent bleeding.
- Weight gain, headaches, dizziness, breast tenderness, and possibly other side effects.
|Explain about these side effects
- Side effects are not signs of illness. Lack of bleeding does not mean pregnancy.
- Usually become less or stop within the first few months after starting injections.
- Common, but some women do not have them.
- The client can come back for help if side effects bother her or if she has other concerns.